Monday, October 4, 2010

Rice Cake: Naturally green and I don't mean moldy.

I just found rice cake in my purse, not the stale kind of Quaker rice-cake that is ligtly salted and can be stored for decades on a dusty Safeway shelf. I am talking about a cake made from rice flour. It is green, naturally so or possibly dyed, with tan kidney beans planted inside of its light and fluffy texture like a miniature minefield of unsavory taste explosions. This rice cake was made freshly... yesterday. In fact, it was even warmed... yesterday; and nearly forcefed to me by my co-teachers (who still fear I am loosing weight). So, instead of being culturally rude, I handled this situation of "face" took the cake and wrapped it up to enjoy later; ehm...meaning my compost pile would enjoy this deliscous treat. Again, need I remind you this was yesterday.
Now it is today and I have green cake sitting in my purse, in my desk drawer that is deteriorating. Only I can't take it to the trash cause they will know I didn't eat it. So, for the next five hours, I can do nothing about it. I must continue on lesson planning with this thought of decomposing cake "on the back burner" of my mind. I can only shudder to think what will happen if I forget again to take it out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment